How May We Help You?
Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador offers its members and interested individuals a wide range of services and programs to meet your needs concerning all aspects of living with epilepsy. These services include:
Is there some other program or service you would like to see from Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador? Pass along you're ideas, and if we're able, we will do what we can to make them happen.
- Information - Extensive access to all sorts of medical and social information regarding such topics as treatment, medication, employment, health matters and social issues. Just let us know and we'll mail out an information kit on the topic you're interested in.
- News - A quarterly newsletter to keep our members up to date on the very latest happenings in the world of epilepsy
- Resource Centre - Want some in-depth information on epilepsy? Borrow from our Lending Library. Select the book you want to borrow from the list, and we'll lend it to you for a while. Don't forget our collection of available videos as well. Perfect for classroom or group settings.
- Alerts - When we discover something happening that could have a serious impact on people living with epilepsy such as a recall of medication or discovery of new side effects, we make it a priority to let our members know through our Info Alerts. Alerts are also posted on the Anti-Epileptic Drug Warnings and Alerts section of our website.
- Advocacy - There is strength in numbers. Need some help with a problem or some direction on an aspect of epilepsy? Let us know, and we will work with you, and in liaison with any other parties involved to try and reach an acceptable outcome.
- Public Presentations - Have info, will travel. We do a wide variety of presentations and information sessions for groups, organizations, and classrooms of all ages and sizes. Would you like to have one of our staff carry out a workshop with your class or group? Contact us to arrange the place and time.
- PAL Programs - Sometimes it can be lonely living with epilepsy when no one around knows exactly what you're going through. That's where our PAL Programs come in. Members have access to our E-Pal, Pen Pal and Tele-Pal database of other members looking for someone to chat with. We have Pal's of all ages, so there's someone for everyone.
- Thrift Store - Previously Loved Clothes and Things operates all week long to provide quality used goods at very affordable prices. And the best part is that 100% of the profits stay right here to help fund our other services. It's a win-win situation all around.